Mechanical Engineer II
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the layout, detail mechanical design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components.
- Create 3D mechanical CAD models, drawings and bills of material for large equipment and subassemblies.
- Actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules as required.
- Lead projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design of new products.
- Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
- Lead or actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral, and visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews, technical reports, and management updates.
- Develop labor and material cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Keep project and engineering technical information well organized and maintained. Network project folders that will give others easy access to project information as required.
- Plan, perform, direct and document experiments to prove design performance.
- Deal with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects.
- Adhere to all BTU safety polices.
Other duties and responsibilities
- High Temp material selection – A ceramics background would be a plus, along with corrosion experience.
- The understanding of Heat Transfer & Thermodynamics, including phase transitions & chemical reactions.
- Provide the ability to bring together component or sub-systems.
- Post Covid ~10% travel is required domestic and international (Germany, Austria, Malaysia, Taiwan, & others).
- Manufacturing experience helpful.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent 3D CAD modeling skills and large assembly management. Pro-Engineer/Creo preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must to be able to clearly communicate with coworkers, management, suppliers and customers.
- Intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Able to make good decisions independently on engineering problems, using logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Good understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards.
- Design experience with gas distribution plumbing in Semiconductor Industry a plus
- Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- High attention to details.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and work to a schedule.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
Education and experience
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Engineer I or similar role