Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
Responsible for purchasing electrical and mechanical components.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Procure electrical and mechanical components, raw materials, and other production supplies at the optimum price, quality and service.
- Authorize purchase orders within established guidelines and expedite delivery with suppliers.
- Review requisitions for accuracy of technical information, quantity, specification, requisitioner authority, and shipping instructions.
- Research discrepancies in invoices with Accounts Payable and follow up any corrections with suppliers.
- Resolve issues with Shipping and Receiving regarding receipt of damaged goods, short shipments, and documentation discrepancies.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge
- 3 years’ experience in a buyer position purchasing electrical and mechanical manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles, including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase orders.
- Working knowledge of PC-based software packages including Excel and Word.
- Experience with Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Vantage or other similar inventory management systems.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to drive for timely decisions.
- CPM/CPIM certification preferred.
Education and experience
- Associate’s degree required.