Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Buyer purchases electronics, electrical and mechanical components for our capital equipment (reflow ovens and custom furnaces) for the Semiconductor industry. In addition the Buyer Resolves issues with shipping and receiving, review purchase orders, and monitor supplier performance.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Initiate, negotiate and finalize major supplier contract.
- Procure electrical and mechanical components, raw materials, and other production supplies at the optimum price, quality and service.
- Authorize purchase orders within established guidelines and expedite delivery with suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance; recommend and facilitate corrective action for recurring quality or delivery problems.
- Review requisitions for accuracy of technical information, quantity, specification, requisitioner authority, and shipping instructions.
- Review purchase orders and engineering specifications for clarity, product usage, and inventory carry cost.
- Participate in value and cost/price analysis.
- Research discrepancies in invoices with Accounts Payable and follow up any corrections with suppliers.
- Resolve issues with Shipping and Receiving regarding receipt of damaged goods, short shipments, and documentation discrepancies.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Requires overseas travel.
Skills and knowledge
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles, including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase orders.
- Working knowledge of PC-based software packages including Excel and Word.
- Experience with Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Epicor or other similar inventory management systems.
- Experience with negotiation of contracts, product costing and evaluation, relationship management, project management, supply chain management, and factory evaluation.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to drive for timely decisions.
- CPM/CPIM certification preferred.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a buyer position purchasing electronic, electrical and mechanical manufacturing systems.