Controls System Manager
Location: North Billerica, MA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create detailed project plans and budgets for the project roadmap.
- Manage multiple contractors and internal resources to ensure project timeline, scope and budget are met.
- Develop solutions for a wide range of problems and generate work outlines, timelines and quotes.
- Test, troubleshoot and verify software and hardware designs. Document defects to enable developers to easily reproduce and fix software defects.
- Work with sales and others to generate cost estimates and quotes for new products and enhancements.
- Track and reproduce problems relating to software/hardware. Provide interim solutions for customers.
- Provide technical support for control system hardware.
- Review designs with other engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Write requirements documentation for new product features both software and hardware. Collaborate with customers, engineers, sales and marketing on designs.
- Writing and presenting technical documentation for sales, support, end users and oven help system.
- Handle support issues as required to support final test, field service and customer support worldwide.
- Provide general product application support for sales and marketing efforts. Understand requirements for challenging applications.
- Maintain C# Code base for Cimetrix CimControl Framework Solutions.
- Maintain Git Repository ensuring code quality.
- Identify software solutions to aid developers. Like Slack, Resharper, Teams, VPN, License Generation
- Follow scrum workflow and outline tasks for developers by creating Kanban cards for tasks, tracking project progress.
- Oversee maintenance on Legacy C Code base and Legacy Assembly Code base
- Develop and execute detailed, manual, and automatic test procedures designed to validate software and hardware.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies and comply with Quality System procedures, as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong leadership and project management skills. Able to work with customers, internal staff and contract resources to define and efficiently complete projects and tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team when needed but must also be able to work and make decisions independently.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
- Knowledge of a programming language and general programming practice. C#, C, PAL Boolean Algebra and Assembly.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical / electronic and electromechanical circuits on large industrial equipment.
- Technical writing and document management experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cimetrix CimControl Framework, C, VB, PLC programming such as Structured Text and Ladder Logic a plus.
Education and Experience
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 2+ years of management or code lead experience
- 2+ years of experience with C# Or high-level object orientated language like Java.
- 2+ years of source control like Git.
- 5+ years of hardware and electrical circuit level debugging and advance troubleshooting.
- Semi standards experience is a plus.
- Secs/Gem/HSMS experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel. Expectation 5 -10% both international and domestically.
- Experience with Linux/Unix is a plus.
CLICK LINK FOR PDF OF JOB DESCRIPTION: Controls Systems Manager (Diffusion)
TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@BTU.COM