Electrical Engineer II (no agencies please)
- Performs complicated electrical engineering work of major complexity that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of electrical engineering principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Duties include full technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting product development projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of industrial equipment.
- Plans projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
- Responsible for the design, specification and documentation of complex thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed electrical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
- Recommends electrical hardware, instrumentation, sensors and controls for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Will interact with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
- Will travel globally to solve complex problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
- Create new or revise electrical schematics, layouts and bills of material to fully document the machine electrical control system.
- Design and implement necessary control system programming to accomplish required control system functionality.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
- Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
- Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
- Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers / drafters and support staff as required.
- Interact with customers and support groups, affected by design development, to obtain and communicate pertinent project information.
- Duties are performed under moderate supervision by more senior engineering staff.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Some international travel according to business needs.
Skills and knowledge
- Able to perform various electrical circuit calculations involving motors, transformers, heaters, and various instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient electrical design CAD skills
- Programming language such as VB, C#, C++, PLC
- Diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledgeable in industry design and international safety standards involving electrical systems.
- Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
Education and experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineer 1 or similar role