Electronics Test and Repair Technician
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Electronics Test & Repair Technician sets up electronic systems and devices as well as assemble and connect system components. In addition, the Technician performs testing, write procedures, and provides technical support for internal and external customers. The Technician builds prototype models based on technical guidelines and performs assembly and final testing on standard and complex special furnace control systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assemble, install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain electronic components and systems using schematics standard test procedures, test guides, and other related documentation
- Troubleshoot analog and digital electronic circuitry to the component level
- Manage the programming of programmable devices
- Ensure all power and manual tools are operated in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Provides training and supervision for new technicians and apprentices
- Carry out scheduled preventative maintenance and servicing equipment
- Perform equipment demonstrations
- Create testing documentation/procedures and assists in writing training manuals
- Follow ISO procedures
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety procedures as per policy
Skills and knowledge
- Highly skilled at troubleshooting of analog and digital electronic circuits
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing and circuitry
- Attention to details and a systematic approach to testing
- Proficiency with hand tools and related power equipment
- Read and understand complex electrical schematics and related Bill of Materials
- Understanding of computer operating systems and application software
- Ability to utilize an ERP system in support of manufacturing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing is a plus
Education and experience
- Associates in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in electronic circuit test / repair experience
No travel required.
This is not a remote position.
Other duties may be assigned to support the overall business.
BTU has the right to revise and update this job description at any time.
CLICK FOR PDF OF JOB DESCRIPTION: Electronics Test and Repair Technician
EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@BTU.COM TO APPLY.