- Maintains plant equipment and facilities including building security and grounds.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Performs work in a variety of trades-including basic carpentry, plumbing, equipment repairs and electrical.
- Makes routine, periodic or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities machinery and equipment.
- Performs basic trouble shooting as required
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- Schedules outside maintenance contractors reviews and outlines work to be performed.
- Monitors the electronic building security system.
- Monitors the parking facilities for safety and cleanliness.
- Insure parking lots are cleared and sanded during winter months.
- ISO Policies and procedures
- Strictly adhere to BTU safety procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a vehicle for business purpose.
- Basic team skills
Education and experience
- Specialized trades training beyond high school and 5 or more years of facilities maintenance experience preferably electrical.
- Electricians’ license a plus.
- Forklift safe operation and license.