Field Service Engineer
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Provide initial and on-going support of BTU equipment at customer sites with limited support and supervision.
• Perform all installation and acceptance testing required to insure the equipment is performing to customer and BTU specifications.
• Provide corrective and preventive maintenance support on BTU’s furnaces and ovens.
• Provide installation, operation and basic maintenance training on the installed equipment or as required.
• Report all activities to the identified Lead Technical Person/Engineer for the site by utilizing specified documents such as Field Service Reports, Start-Up Checklist and Installation Quality Reports as appropriate for the job.
• Complete all required paperwork as dictated by BTU and Customer Service policies and procedures on a timely basis.
• Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Other duties and responsibilities
• Requires international travel and flexibility to leave with short notice.
• Be available to work evenings and weekends and accommodate production and scheduled service demands.
• Assist the process engineering department with customer demonstrations, applications support and work closely with the sales department in supporting customer qualification activities.
Skills and knowledge
• Strong electrical and mechanical skills with in-depth troubleshooting background.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Strong oral and written communication skills needed.
Education and experience
• BSEE or BSME or equivalent.
• Experience in electrical, electronics, or mechanical engineering discipline.
• 5 years of experience installing and maintaining complex electromechanical equipment at customer sites.
• Strong troubleshooting skills for electrical and mechanical systems, including plumbing and pneumatic systems.
• Understanding of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs.
• SMT process manufacturing experience desirable