Field Service Representative II – West Coast
With limited direction, performs the technical installation, initial checkout, and operation of large, complex systems. Advises and assists in effecting system design changes to improve equipment efficiency and or to reduce cost of operation. Devises and implements preventative maintenance programs. Consults and assists customers concerning the overall operation of the system.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Respond to customer related technical inquiries, problems and basic training requirements and insure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Support all technical field aspects of aftermarket activities for all company products worldwide meeting and/or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide initial and on-going support of BTU equipment at customer sites with limited support and supervision.
- Perform all installation and acceptance testing required to insure the equipment is performing to customer and BTU specifications.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance support on BTU’s furnaces and ovens.
- Provide installation, operation, and basic maintenance training on the installed equipment or as required.
- Report all activities to the identified Lead Technical Person/Engineer for the site by utilizing specified documents such as Field Service Reports, Start-Up Checklist, and Installation Quality Reports as appropriate for the job.
- Complete all required paperwork as dictated by BTU and Customer Service policies and procedures on a timely basis.
- ISO 9000 policy and procedures.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety and procedures.
- Requires travel locally and internationally with flexibility to leave with short notice.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends and accommodate production and scheduled service demands.
Skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong in-depth troubleshooting skills for electrical and mechanical systems, including plumbing and pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs.
- SMT process manufacturing experience desirable.
- Strong communication skills needed.
Education and experience
- B.S./ B.A degree or equivalent training
- 5 -8 years of experience installing and maintaining complex electromechanical equipment at customer sites.