Information Technology Manager
Manages the day-to-day operations for Information Technology systems. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of the IT staff in resolving technical and administrative issues related to the management of Information Technology systems. Oversees administration of all global network and computer systems. Analyzes and proposes necessary system improvements that will maintain the reliable, effective processing of information.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manages a professional staff of programmers, systems analysts, project managers and systems administrators that supports the business infrastructure and application systems on a global basis.
- Oversees the development and support of applications in an environment using appropriate database, messaging and programming tools.
- Manages the administration of engineering design and data management tools.
- Manages the use and development of the Corporate LAN and WAN keeping the company current with technology trends and benefits.
- Ensures that Corporate LAN and WAN are secure and protected against surreptitious access and malicious activity.
- Designs, installs, implements and supports network equipment and software.
- Interfaces with vendors and maintenance providers to service and maintain worldwide network and server environment, implement necessary measures to limit the system’s downtime and provide technical support to optimize system performance.
- Assists in the administration of the corporate SaaS based ERP system, Microsoft Server, Active Directory, IIS, MS Exchange, SQL Server and the Shoretel phone system.
- Strictly adheres to all BTU safety and security policies.
Other duties and responsibilities
- International travel and off-hours support required to maintain systems in offices located in different time zones.
Skills and knowledge
- Considerable knowledge of computer systems, computer hardware and software and a working knowledge of local area networks (LANs) and VPN-based wide area networks (WANs). Ability to install and operate network operating systems; ability to maintain existing network systems; ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems; ability to meet project deadlines; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and globally dispersed co-workers; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in managing and administrating ERP systems (preferably Epicor Vantage) in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Coordinate the internal Sarbanes-Oxley IT audit to ensure compliance of all established controls.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical computing and information management teams to work collaboratively with IT staff and other business units.
- Strong leadership skills and high energy level capable of motivating others, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strong technical base and demonstrated management skills.
Education and experience
- BS or BA degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience in administering global LAN and WAN infrastructures.
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting the administration of systems used to develop enterprise-class database application systems.
- Minimum 5 years experience in administering and/or supporting database management systems including Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- Experience in supporting enterprise-wide ERP systems.
- Advisable training: systems administration, application development, programming languages, team building, project management, staff management, presentation skills, decision making and problem solving, CAD administration, ERP administration.
- Certification and/or additional training in Microsoft server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange administration and Cisco network management preferred.
- Familiarity with engineering CAD and PDM systems. Preferably systems from PTC.