Mechanical Engineer II/III
Performs mechanical engineering work that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Will actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
• Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers / drafters and support staff as required.
• Responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed mechanical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
• Drives projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
• Recommends materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
• May travel 5-10% globally to solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
• Strong understanding of Pro-Engineer and detail drawings /models.
• Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
• Actively Participate in Design Reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
• Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
• Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
• Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
• Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance.
• Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
• Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
• Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems.
• Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
• Understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards.
• Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
• Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
• Microsoft Office.
Education and experience
• A minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience