Location: North Billerica, MA
- Responsible for developing plans and schedules for a wide variety of furnace systems, sub-systems and parts.
- Create and provide work orders to manufacturing departments and schedule work orders delivery date.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Prepare forecasts, determine order quantities.
- Identify material, services or supply needs and place purchase orders to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Investigate and make recommendations concerning make/buy decisions.
- Analyze product cost against standard costs for off-shore purchases and related delivery lead times.
- Follow up with schedules.
- Recognize the need for utilization and substance of materials caused by Engineering Change Order (ECO) analysis and implementation.
- Issue purchase orders for raw materials.
- Maintain raw material components.
- Interface with other departments to assure production schedules are met in regard to material flow.
- Correct material allocations problems in manufacturing.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- ISO 9000 policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-directed, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining positive work relationships with individuals inside and external to the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently, within pre-determined time, quality, and cost objectives.
- Able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Expert knowledge of Excel as well as manufacturing databases.
- Proficient on using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in make-to-order products, computer-assisted production and inventory control systems, or 2 to 4 years’ experience in scheduling projects through the use of Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system.
- Experience with implementing computerized MRP systems, preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Must have a Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification or achieve the certification within 12 months in the role.