Quality Specialist I
Perform a wide variety of activities in the Quality Assurance department to support both strategic initiatives associated with the Quality Management System and daily tactical activities related to material and manufacturing quality.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform inspection to verify Quality levels of materials.
- Be part of the MRB team to drive resolutions for Root-Cause Analyses.
- Maintain the nonconformance/DMR systems and follow up with assignees as needed.
- Help administrate the calibration program.
- Help facilitate the RMA system.
- Maintain quality performance data.
- Maintain information systems.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, and specialized fixtures or devices.
- Ability to use digital multimeters, and other electrical measuring equipment.
- Ability to interpret drawings for mechanical, electrical, welding, and labeling requirements.
- Proficiency with common PC desktop applications.
- Excellent communication both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and experience
- Associates in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Inspection experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to train others on that software.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing methods.