Sr. Regional Sales Support Specialist
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
Support all aspects of a territorial sales area by responding to customer inquiries concerning the solicitation of quotes, selection of equipment, placement of orders and correspondence dealing with technical information, installation, and delivery of BTU’s products.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Prompt and efficient processing of customer request for quotes, orders and correspondence.
- Receive and analyze customer requests and reply to the customer in a timely manner.
- Prepare and review customer order specifications and initiates internal production order.
- Interface and coordinate scheduling with Manufacturing, Engineering and Shipping departments to ascertain necessary information to respond to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Supply Sales personnel (Regional Sales Mgr. and Regional Sales Rep) with quotations and other informative information related to customer activities.
- Responsible for the creation of major rebuild and retrofit proposals, this includes analysis as to what is required and development of a concept to achieve the needed results.
- Creates sell prices using predetermined formulas, theories, and then generates detailed quotations or verbal price confirmations to the customer.
- Select furnace configurations necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare cost sheets for management approval.
- Follow up on outstanding quotations and aid in updating forecast data.
- Interface with customers and aid in customer visits during and after normal work hours.
- Review and update the costs in the Big Machine configurator. Interface with purchasing. Finance and Cost Estimating to ensure the accuracy of cost.
- Maintain detail records of correspondence.
- Maintain and update customer contact data. (Sales Force®)
- Adhere to all BTU ISO and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties of similar nature and complexity as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Big Machine System Documentation, Cost Analysis, document corrections and updates in the system
- Experience with ERP systems and/or Salesforce a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in customer service/support, or equivalent training and experience.
- 1-3 years employment at BTU or experience in a similar position
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales or related field