Technical Support Specialist
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Interfaces directly with customers, representatives, field engineers, on the phone and in person, regarding questions of operations, maintenance and or applications of the equipment.
• Collaborates with engineers to review, compile and write a wide variety of technical material for such publications as installation manuals, maintenance manuals, operator guides, Field Advisor Notices, and Field Change Orders.
• Generates service bulletins identifying any hardware and/or software changes to the customer base and Field Service personnel.
• Verifies, documents and reports all recurring failures as reported by customers and Field Service Personnel and interfaces with Manufacturing and Engineering departments to eliminate recurring failures.
• Provides timely and cooperative assistance in schedule and budget preparations, product information (new and enhanced) dissemination and Tech Support requirements.
• Determines customer satisfaction level by evaluating manuals, training and tech support reports. Reports findings to the Customer Service Supervisor with suggestions for improvements.
• Determines appropriate illustrative material such as photographs, charts tables, diagrams and schematics to be included with text.
• Interfaces between field service and other operating departments to affect timely resolutions to field problems.
• Provides backup support to field service representatives via telephone and/or on-site support.
• Selects appropriate equipment and parts to meet customer’s requirements and corresponds with customer and field sales personnel.
• Conducts training and development of the BTU and third party service personnel, as well as customers on the operations, maintenance, and system troubleshooting of BTU products.
• Participation in the after business hour telephone support on a rotating basis.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience in high pressure fast paced service business.
• Proficiency with various desktop PC software packages (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
• Analytical and statistical ability.
• Proficiency with Electrical, Electronics, Pneumatics, Mechanical and Plumbing systems.
• Proficiency with Computer and PLC control systems.
• AA degree or equivalent education in a technical field.
• Trouble shooting experience preferred.
• Travel required 25-30% of time.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com