Regional Sales Manager
Location: Midwest, fully remote
- Drive the sales activity of BTU equipment for the printed circuit board assembly, semiconductor packaging and custom furnace markets in the assigned territory to meet the sales targets for assigned territory.
- Manage and lead the sales representative network to increase BTU’s market share.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Direct, lead and motivate the representative organization to meet or exceed the orders budget within the assigned territory.
- Responsible for all sales activities in direct accounts.
- Responsible for Sales forecast data for the assigned territory.
- Assist Marketing in special sales promotions and setting up an executing technical and marketing presentation to our potential customers.
- Participate in technical shows and symposiums in conjunction with the marketing organization.
- Develop and manage Regional Sales Representatives to meet/exceed assigned territory sales targets.
- Provides input to the Director of Sales that helps drive the overall strategic initiatives of the company including market trends, account specific strategies and competitive landscape.
- Ensure that regional representatives are sufficiently trained in products, strategy and sales processes.
- Responsible for cost effective and fiscally sound practices to minimize budgetary expenses and maximize selling efficiency.
- Possess the capability and desire to gain knowledge and proficiency in new technical areas.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
- Able and willing to travel approximately 50% of the time to customer, prospects and representative sites.
- Motivate and influence a technical sales force. Possess the knowledge of the electronics manufacturing marketplace and customer base.
- Ability to interact with the highest management levels of our customers.
- Be effective in presenting BTU products, services and capabilities to the marketplace.
- High level of self-confidence and poise under pressure.
- Self-starting orientation with the intense desire/drive to “make things happen.”
- High degree of integrity and a sound business perspective.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM applications a plus.
- Spanish as a second language a plus.
- Direct and open manner.
- Microsoft Office
Education and experience
- BS in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5-10 years experience in capital equipment sales.