The responsibilities of this position include assisting in the monthly financial close process and the preparation of the monthly-consolidated financial statements and reporting package for BTU and Amtech. Assist the General Manager in creating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for all BTU subsidiaries. Analyze monthly financial results and prepare quarterly analytical spending reports.
- Monthly consolidation of US and foreign subsidiaries and preparation of financial statements and reporting package for BTU and Corp. Headquarters. Submission of quarterly reports to Amtech for 10Q and 10K reporting.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries including manufacturing and PPV variances, intercompany transactions, depreciation and prepaid accounts.
- Quarterly reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts including intercompany accounts, fixed assets and equity.
Budget and Forecast:
- Creation of the annual consolidated budget and quarterly forecasts based on financial analysis and extensive interaction with management and the General Manager. Interaction with Corporate Headquarters staff on plan assumptions, variances and forecast details. Preparation of various business cases based on potential company projects.
- Analysis of the monthly financial results including a consolidated analytical review of the P&L on a quarterly basis and generation of a consolidated source spending report.
- Detailed review of product margins and trends, including costing analysis of US built equipment.
- Reconciliation of budget/forecast to actual results for sales, margins and expenditures.
- Maintains the fixed asset sub-ledger system and processes all capital additions.
- Responsible for general ledger setup and chart of account structure.
- Preparation of supporting schedules for tax return preparation.
- Provides support to staff located at the foreign subsidiaries.
Skills and abilities needed for this position:
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
Education and training needed for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5 – 8 years accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- ERP system experience (Epicor Vantage a plus)
- FRX and Sage Fixed Asset experience
- Experience in cost accounting a plus