Customer Technical Support Specialist III
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
Support all technical aspects of post market activities for all company products worldwide meeting and/or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations. Respond to customer related technical inquiries, problems and training requirements, as well as the determination of the necessity to dispatch service personnel to insure timely resolution of customer issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Interfaces directly with customers, representatives, field engineers on the phone and in person regarding questions of operations, maintenance and or applications of the equipment.
- Collaborates with engineers to review, compile and write a wide variety of technical material for such publications as installation manuals, maintenance manuals, operator guides, Field Advisor Notices, and Field Change Orders.
- Generate service bulletins identifying any hardware and/or software changes to the customer base and Field Service personnel.
- Verify, document and report all recurring failures as reported by customers and Field Service Personnel and Interface with Manufacturing and Engineering departments to eliminate recurring failures.
- Providing timely and cooperative assistance in schedule and budget preparations, product information (new and enhanced) dissemination and Tech Support requirements.
- Determining customer satisfaction level by evaluating manuals, training and tech support reports. Report findings to the Customer Service Supervisor with suggestions for improvements.
- Determines appropriate illustrative material such as photographs, charts tables, diagrams and schematics to be included with text.
- Interfaces between field service and other operating departments to affect timely resolutions to field problems.
- Provides backup support to field service representatives via telephone and/or on-site support.
- Selects appropriate equipment and parts to meet customer’s requirements and corresponds with customer and field sales personnel.
- Conduct training and development of the BTU and third-party service personnel, as well as customers on the operations, maintenance, and system troubleshooting of BTU products.
- Assist in special tasks as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities
- May require travel.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience in high pressure, fast paced service business.
- Proficiency with various desktop PC software packages (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Analytical and statistical ability.
- Proficiency with Electrical, Electronics, Pneumatics, Mechanical and Plumbing systems.
- Proficiency with Computer and PLC control systems.
Education and experience
- AA degree or equivalent education in a technical field.
- 5 Years of experience in a technical service organization.
- Project Management experience.