Manager – Production
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
- Manage the final assembly, furnace bricking, spray paint, heater fabrication and metal fabrication staff in order to establish and maintain on time assembly standards and procedures. Coordinates the scheduling and control of the production floor activities and personnel. Oversees the maintenance of daily records.
- Leads assigns and directs Final Assembly Technicians in performing diversified assembly operations on all system, sub-systems, mechanisms and controls to ensure unit conformance to specification prior to shipment.
- Manage the implementation and ongoing activities required to achieve and maintain ISO registration.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage Assembly employees in their job performance.
- Report work status and related issues to the Director of Operations.
- Control forms and records necessary to satisfy the final assembly and production floor and quality documentation requirements on the product.
- Maintain, train and instruct Production staff in all phases of their jobs.
- Collaborate with engineers and other support functions on production related issues.
- Work as a contributing member in a team manufacturing setting.
- Follow ISO Procedures.
- Strictly adhere to BTU Safety Procedures.
- Direct and inspect the work of others.
- Drive and sustain preventative and corrective actions to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Train and develop workforce.
Skills and knowledge
- Expert at all levels of assembly, mechanical troubleshooting and working in unison with Lead employees.
- Basic furnace bricking knowledge working in unison with bricking Lead Person.
- Basic welding and sheet metal knowledge working in unison with the corresponding Team Lead.
- People and project management control skill and training.
- Statistical process control knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of product assembly for all BTU product lines.
- Use and operation of all assembly-related equipment.
- Detailed understanding of Material requirement Planning (MRP) system.
- Understanding of TCLSS Methods.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
Education and experience
- Five or more years experience in supervising related areas.
- S. in Electronics or Mechanical and 8 additional years in a supervisory position, generally a Test position.