Final Test Technician
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Final Test Technician supports all final test aspects of the manufacturing process and performs final test on all standard and complex BTU products with minimal guidance. Work in assembly when required.
Essential duties and responsibilities.
- Test complex capital equipment products using sales specifications, drawings/schematics standard test procedures, test guides, and other related documentation.
- Prepares test reports on furnaces and distributes to others as directed.
- Work with engineers and other support functions on test related issues.
- Train customers and other BTU personnel in the operation and maintenance equipment.
- Follow ISO Procedures.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety procedures as per policy.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of three phase power and heating control circuit testing.
- Attention to details and a systematic approach to testing.
- Proficiency with electrical, electronics, pneumatics, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of gaseous control systems using Inert and explosive gases.
- Proficiency with hand tools and related power equipment.
- Read and understand complex electrical drawings and related Bill of Materials.
- Advanced knowledge of current/voltage reading equipment, recorders, gas leak detection equipment, and gas analyzer.
- Ability to utilize an ERP system in support of manufacturing.
- Familiarity with PLC ‘s and their function in controlling complex capital equipment a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Be able to work overtime to meet ship schedules.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in electrical / electronic and electromechanical circuits.
- May be required to visit customer sites and travel domestic and internationally on company business to set up, train or maintain equipment. Flexibility to travel on short notice as determined by business needs.
Education and experience
- Vocational / Technical education or military school graduate. Associates Degree preferred.
- Five or more years with experience in electrical/electronic and electromechanical testing and troubleshooting.