Responsible for product definition and evolution, and preparation and maintenance of sales support material. Key goals and objectives are to establish product road map, direct product costing reduction efforts and define new product opportunities, making recommendations to R&D, Product Engineering and Management. Create product training materials. Evaluate product features, pricing and technology, and maintain competitive analysis data. Interface with the Project Administration, Inside/Outside Sales and Engineering departments to aid in support of creating quotations, and technical and marketing specifications. Responsible for applications visits for retrofits, as an alternative to product or field engineering. Coordinate and perform product demonstrations, analyze and report results.
- 7-9 years in a technical Marketing or Engineering profession
- B.S. Degree in Business or Engineering profession, preferably within the semiconductor capital equipment industry. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- ERP: Owner of Customer BOMs & Change Orders,
- Quality: Owner of the improvement list documentation & testing procedures,
- Plan and direct engineering work associated with the filling of custom product orders.
- Responsible for the collection and organization of layout and detailed design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
- Will interact with other Engineers, Designers, Contractors, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects and cost effectively.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements: SEMI S2, SEMI 300 and other technical standards
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs
- Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
- Interact with customers and support groups, affected by design development, to get and communicate pertinent project information.
- Duties are performed with little supervision by more senior engineering staff.
- Adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Position is located in Billerica Ma.
- Travel required up to 25%. (Billerica, MA, Villach, Austria and San Jose, CA)
Skills and knowledge
- Experience with creating test plans, check lists and associated quality/milestone checklists. Content for these lists will come from the functional expert. The project manager must be able to create the format and start the first draft.
- Be comfortable with discussing specification for equipment, facilities, automation and communications.
- Able to interact with accounting for cost tracking and summarizing project costs to budget.
- Able to lead and direct the engineering of a large product development project
- Able to lead and direct the work of others
- Computer skills- Microsoft Office Tools.
- Planning skills and ability to work to a schedule and maintain schedule for others