Product Marketing Manager
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Product Marketing Manager defines the direction and acts as a key driver (product champion) for achieving marketing objectives and strategic initiatives for a specific product line. The Manager drives product development efforts that delivers the right product to the market and generate and execute integrated marketing plans that maximize BTUs opportunity in our markets. In addition, the Manager acts as the focal point for communication to the internal organization, to BTU Field Sales and Services and to BTU customers in all regions worldwide. The Manager creates and provides tools that allow BTU’s salesforce to capture targeted business and win competitive battles in the marketplace.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Drive product development efforts that deliver the right product to the market at the right time by fully understanding the needs and requirements of the market through first-hand customer interaction (“voice of customer”). Understand market pricing realities and define cost targets that allow new products to maximize revenue and share, while achieving targeted profits.
- Generate and execute integrated marketing plans that maximize BTU’s opportunity in our markets and manage assigned products through all phases of the life cycle, from concept to launch to obsolescence.
- Actively communicate with both the internal organization and the external marketplace, communicating marketing plans to functional groups to facilitate alignment and achieve annual objectives. Provide product training to the worldwide field sales organization, including positioning, features/benefits, competitive advantages, and differentiation.
- Create or provide tools that allow our sales force to capture targeted business and win competitive battles in the market. Sales tools include:
- Product presentations (positioning/features/benefits)
- Competitive analysis with BTU competitive advantages and differentiation
- Product brochures, data and spec sheets
- Cost of ownership data and tools
- Provide long term, top-down size and growth forecasts for markets and associated products and analyze current or potential target markets. Recommend potential strategies for pursuing opportunities in current or potential target markets.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
- Be comfortable with discussing specification for equipment, facilities, automation, and communications
- Able to interact with accounting for cost tracking and summarizing project costs to budget.
- Able to lead and direct the development of a large product development project
- Able to lead and direct the work of others
- Computer skills- Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses skills to lead a global cross functional team
Education and Experience
- Experience working in the semiconductor or in the capital equipment industry
- Experience with creating product plans requirements definition and customer-facing activities
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent years of work experience in engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
Up to 25% travel domestically and internationally