Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Accounting Manager oversees daily accounting operations in our US accounting department as well as process month-end close, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger, and treasury. The Accounting Manager monitors, analyzes, and publishes accounting data and produces weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports that provide timely, relevant and informative financial data. As a subsidiary of a public company, the Accounting Manager closes the books according to schedule published by the Corporate Controller. The Accounting Manager works closely with the Corporate Controller and corporate staff to produce necessary closing schedules and works with internal and external auditors by providing supporting documents, answering questions, and maintaining an adequate system of internal controls.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, month-end close, and tax filing
- Invoicing, credit card processing, collections, payment term approval, and reporting
- Inventory cycle count and job costing
- Accounts payable and check runs
- Fixed Asset activity
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Capital expenditure tracking and reporting
- RD&E project tracking and reporting
- Manages the accounting team, and identifies training needs for staff
- Maintain documentation of accounting processes and procedures
- Review daily checking account statements for bank activity
- Improves ERP system procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Working with the Controller to establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports for US entity
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors and provides needed information for quarterly review, annual external audit, and SOX audit
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley requirements preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and data-manipulation skills
- Must be able to multi-task with the ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different staff members
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Supervisor, or Finance Manager.
- Experience with SOX 404 audit
- High attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and ERP system (Vantage or Epicor is a strong plus)
- Eight years or more experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
May have to travel 25% travel domestically and internationally.
- This is not a remote position.
Other duties may be assigned to support the overall business. BTU has the right to revise and update this job description at any time.