Manufacturing Documentation Specialist (6mo Contract)
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Manufacturing Documentation Specialist will focus on day-to-day production/manufacturing processes. The Specialist will manage activities such as; updating documentation on the manufacturing floor, Engineering Change Order (ECO) processing, documentation updates for ISO requirements and audits, and provide administrative support to all of operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review accuracy of ECOs for submission and approvals.
- Work with manufacturing staff to help define material flow through the manufacturing floor
- Create spreadsheets for the manufacturing staff to help review and organize material flow through the manufacturing floor.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to help define/modify process documentation forms such as timecards, NCMR, production schedules, inventory transaction sheets, and other forms.
- Assist managers to help with selecting a barcode software program to help with operations and quality process flow more efficient.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to help organize 5S/6S documentation, forms, audits, process, housekeeping, and scorecards.
- Maintain and organize documents needed for the safety/first response/evacuation/spill teams as needed.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to drive process improvements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong team player who will work with cross functional teams.
- Intuitive, solution-oriented and able to analyze problems and effectively communicate proposed solutions to teams.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Knowledge on standard manufacturing practices, inventory management practices and operational standard procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
- Must be able to run multiple projects at the same time.
- Project management experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- Five plus years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to read CAD drawings/schematics.
- Vocational / Trade School education in Design, Mechanical Design / Industrialization / Electronic Manufacturing
- Experience with inventory management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills Experience using ERP system, preferably Epicor
Other duties and responsibilities
- 10% travel domestically.
- This is not a remote position.
Other duties may be assigned to support the overall business. BTU has the right to revise and update this job description at any time.