Senior Accounting Analyst
Provide the Company with financial analysis information to enable improved management and control as well as information pertinent to strategic and tactical planning. In addition, serve as a mentor and source of financial acumen for the non-financial managers of the Company. The position assists in the monthly/quarterly financial close process and analysis of financial results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Budget and Forecast
• Creation of the annual consolidated budget and quarterly forecasts based on financial analysis and extensive interaction with management and the General Manager. Interaction with Corporate Headquarters staff on plan assumptions, variances and forecast details. Preparation of various business cases based on potential company projects.
• Reconciliation of budget/forecast to actual results for sales, margins and expenditures.
• Preparation of detailed review of product margins and trends, including costing analysis of US built equipment comparing quote, bill of material and actual expenses.
• Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, manage various aspects of the Corporate Accounting function including internal reporting and analysis.
• Work closely with various managers, lead the analysis of variances with the goal to improve control, fix problems and prevent further recurrence.
• Financial Close Monthly: Prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries including inventory and reserves, manufacturing and PPV variances and warranty reserve accrual.
• Financial Close Quarterly: Assist in preparing quarterly Amtech reporting package for 10Q/10K and preparing quarterly variance analyses and footnote schedules.
• Analysis of the monthly financial results including a consolidated analytical review of the P&L.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor daily cycle count results and report card summaries to determine counts are being completed according to company policy and meet audit standards.
• Assist in the ERP system upgrade implementation.
• Assist in preparing audit requests for annual SOX and financial audits.
• Document department procedures and cross-train on other department functions including preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statements and schedules.
• Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong accounting and analytical skills.
• Extensive expertise in computer systems such as MRP, ERP and office software programs with significant capability in Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
• Costing and manufacturing accounting a plus.
• Global multi-country operations experience preferred.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
• Self-starting orientation with the intense desire/drive to “make things happen”.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 5+ years of progressive experience.