Software Engineer III (no agencies please)
The Software Engineer will be responsible for design, implementation and test requirements for new oven control system software designs as well as maintaining existing code base.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Systems Integration Manager & Senior Software Engineers to set functional goals and objectives.
- Work with customers, Sales, Marketing and other engineers to develop new product requirements and concepts.
- Responsible for the architecture and detail design, implementation, and test requirements for the software product.
- Work with software engineers, hardware engineers, and technicians in order to develop control systems and features to meet requirements.
- Direct technicians as needed.
- Comply with Quality System procedures as required.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Travel globally to solve complex problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, direct engineering activities.
- Adhere to all BTU policies and ISO requirements.
Other duties and responsibilities
- 5-10% mainly AZ west coast travel/0-5% global travel
Skills and knowledge
- C++, C, C#, Assembler, Windows development, real-time embedded OS (VxWorks), system level design, multi-threaded, real-time embedded.
- Knowledgeable in software development methodology & project management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Must be a team player as well as able to work independently.
- Good communication skills.
Education and experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.