PURCHASING & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the purchasing organization. General areas of responsibility include personnel supervision, supplier management, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance and performance metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, develop, oversee and support strategic sourcing strategy and projects, prioritizing and delegating across global personnel.
- Manage daily operations of purchasing organization including placement of purchase orders, shortage management, expediting, problem receipt and Accounts Payable/invoice resolution and MRB disposition.
- Managing supply chain, including qualification of suppliers, implementing replenishment strategies, negotiating contracts and resolving general conflicts with supply base.
- Oversee supplier assessments, including supplier audits and scorecards.
- Development of analytical tools to assess supply base trends, risks, cost drivers, etc.
- Achieve cost savings through target costing, value analysis and material group management.
- Support Operations and Engineering on capital projects analysis and spending.
- Work with R&D to expand both material and supplier alternatives in an effort to reduce costs or simplify supply chain complexity.
- Work with IT to improve the flow of information across all entities both within and outside the organization.
- Assumes operational responsibility for supporting New Product Introductions including order placement and expediting, product costing and cost reduction programs.
- Function as project leader or team participant on cross-functional teams, including new product and cost-saving initiatives.
- Development of purchasing reporting metrics including on-time delivery of suppliers, open order liability status, purchase price variance and other related department metrics.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to all organization levels, from plant associates to senior management.
- International travel 10%.
- Adhere to BTU Safety and Procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
- Just-In-Time inventory philosophy and/or demand forecasting.
- Solid working knowledge of Total Quality Management and ISO 9001 continuous improvement policy and procedures.
- Understand industry and technology developments, being ahead of potential disruptive factors.
- Ability to develop cost savings strategies, preferably using Lean SS methodology.
- Knowledge with large ERP systems, EPICOR preferred.
- Understanding and ability to lead budget development and management.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others.
- Detail-oriented and successful time management skills to work to a schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Process and procedure automation.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Business, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Requires 10+ years progressive purchasing/procurement, experience (5+ years in a supervisory capacity) in the capital equipment/manufacturing environment.
- Effective relationship, team building, leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic planning, thinking and acting skills coupled with analytical and execution skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a large global, multi-national company.