Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Quality Manager main focal point is managing the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS). The Manager will take on the lead role in the qualification, performance-monitoring, and quality technology deployment in the supply chain and production environment, including involvement in design reviews and engineering releases as appropriate. The Manager establishes, compiles, produces, and analyzes quality reports to discern quality levels and implement corrective action as appropriate required by the quality management system. In addition, the Manager Participates and/or facilitates project teams, maintain and drive changes to the quality management system. The Manager represents the organization as the ISO representative and guides senior leadership with respect to strategic/tactical quality management system changes and develop quality standards and requirements for suppliers in conjunction with the purchasing, engineering, production, and manufacturing engineering departments.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the organizational Quality Management System (QMS), (ISO 9001 based).
- Qualify suppliers through on-site surveys and other research means and perform periodic supplier audits.
- Facilitate the supplier rating system, communicate quality levels, and target improvement activities.
- Management Review Board representative for Quality. This includes subsequent investigations and initiating corrective actions.
- Lead role in determining first article inspections and driving associated follow-up activities.
- Interface with the shop floor personnel and others regarding issues associated with supplied product.
- Establish/facilitate inspection and measurement systems including procedure development, specification interpretation, statistical sampling, and statistical quality as applicable, both within BTU and at the supplier/vendor.
- Guide senior leadership through changes that affect the quality management system.
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of ISO9001 and other industry standards associated with quality program requirements.
- Interpersonal and technical skills to lead suppliers toward achievement of Quality products.
- Familiar with SQC, SPC, FMEA, DOE, process flow charting, risk analysis, and other related Quality technologies.
- Familiar with capital equipment manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication methods, HMI systems, mechanical drive systems, and mechanical/electrical control systems.
- Materials science background for high temperature materials (composites, ceramics, glass, plastics).
- Understanding of electronic, software, and mechanical technology.
- Proficient on PC desktop applications, MS Office, Visio, Minitab or similar SPC software.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor preferred.
- Experience in leading improvement teams.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
Education and experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quality/Research/Manufacturing Engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of the ISO 9001 system and or related systems.
- LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Formal training in blueprint reading and/or drawing standards.
- Experience with working with internal audits and ISO lead auditors.
CLICK FOR PDF OF JOB DESCRIPTION: QUALITY MANAGER
EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@BTU.COM TO APPLY.