Aftermarket Parts Specialist
Location: North Billerica, MA, NOT REMOTE
The Aftermarket Parts Specialist supports the organization by effectively executing aftermarket transactions in response to inbound inquiries, quotations, order entry, order status, follow-up, and delivery confirmation to the Company’s domestic and international customers. The Aftermarket Applications Specialist will utilize in-house enterprise systems (ERP and CRM) and will follow established Aftermarket Sales order processes. The incumbent is also expected to analyze current processes and practices of the Company’s Aftermarket function and is encouraged to identify opportunities for improvement. The role is boundary spanning, and the incumbent will be expected to establish rapport with and gain support from other company functions such as Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Engineering departments. Time is of the essence, and the incumbent is to represent the Company’s strategic interests in providing timely responses to customer support issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Receive customer inquiries for aftermarket support (parts, services) and enter Company enterprise system.
- Identify and request customer support requirements to the relevant internal Company functions and departments (i.e.: Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc.)
- Examine historic company records, such as blueprints, BOMS and contracts to retrieve useful reference information to assist with customer issues.
- Coordinate/arrange technical support response to customer questions, including conference calls, emails, visits, etc.
- Collect necessary inputs and prepare price and delivery quotation in response to customer inquiry.
- Receive, acknowledge and confirm customer PO’s. Enter customer PO’s into Company’s enterprise system.
- Communicate with the Company’s outside representatives and sales channel partners to coordinate commercial and technical responses to international customers
- Provide project / order status to clients, when requested, and proactively, by monitoring and keeping current on aftermarket orders expediting when required.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge
- Solid technical ability, mechanical aptitude, and ability to “dig” into technical information to find answers and solve problems.
- Experience in a manufacturing company environment.
- Experience communicating with foreign/international customers is highly desired.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical knowledge/experience with thermal processing systems, industrial furnace technology.
- Experience or knowledge of advanced materials, ceramics, chemical, composites, etc. is highly desirable.
Education and experience
A degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly desired but appropriate experience in a manufacturing environment (sales support, technician, specialist) would also be considered