Regional Sales Support Specialist
- Support all aspects of a territorial sales area by responding to customer inquiries concerning the solicitation of quotes, selection of equipment, placement of orders and correspondence dealing with technical information, installation and delivery of BTU’s products.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Receive and analyze customer requests and reply to the customer in a timely manner.
- Select furnace configurations necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Prompt and efficient processing of customer request for quotes, orders and correspondence.
- Prepare cost sheets for management approval.
- Interface and coordinate scheduling with Manufacturing, Engineering and Shipping departments in order to ascertain necessary information to respond to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Prepare and review customer order specifications and initiates internal production order.
- Supply sales personnel (Regional Sales Mgr. and Regional Sales Rep) with quotations and other informative information related to customer activities.
- Follow up on outstanding quotations and aid in updating forecast data.
- Interface with customers and aid in customer visits during and after normal work hours.
- Maintain detail records of correspondence.
- Maintain and update customer contact data.
- Adhere to all BTU ISO and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties of similar nature and complexity as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree along with 3–5 years experience in customer service/support, or equivalent training and experience.